A man who pointed a crossbow at multiple people in the Anchorage area over the weekend has an extraditable arrest warrant from Louisiana. Court documents state it's not yet known if he will be taken out of state.

Dustin Lawrence Folse, 35, is facing charges of third-degree assault on a police officer and reckless endangerment. He appeared in court Monday in a wheelchair after being shot by Anchorage police on Sunday.

According to court documents, Folse was seen pointing the crossbow at people around 9:30 a.m. in the area of Spenard Road and 36th Avenue. He was wearing all black clothing and a ski mask. Close to two hours later, Folse was seen again near Huffman Road and Industry Way.

Police caught up with Folse sometime around 11:30 a.m. One witness told police he saw Folse make "a beeline" toward one of the officers before he was shot:

"[The witness] heard voices but could not understand what was being said. [The witness] said the man raised the crossbow to a shooting position and it appeared he was aiming it at Officer One. Officers fired at the man who fell to the ground, came up to a knee, brought the crossbow up to a firing position again, and then the man dropped the crossbow and ran south across Huffman."

The court documents state the incident was partially captured on the dashboard camera of another officer:

"[Folse] is seen advancing on Officer One as she exits her patrol vehicle. [Folse] has the crossbow in the high guard position and appears to be aiming at Officer One. Officer One tries to re-position herself several times using her vehicle as cover. Officer Two fires at [Folse] then Officer One fires at [Folse]. [Folse] falls to the ground but it appears he discharges the crossbow and is shot again. [Folse] drops the crossbow and runs away from the officers out of view."

At a press conference about the shooting, Anchorage Police Department Chief Justin Doll said there was a brief foot chase before Folse was taken into custody near apartments on Silver Fox Lane and transported to the hospital.

Court documents state Folse was treated for two gunshot wounds and then taken to the Anchorage jail.

According to court documents, Folse has no prior arrests or convictions in Alaska. However, he was arrested in January 2019 in Louisiana for sexual battery and aggravated flight from an officer. He was also arrested in September 2019 in Oregon for unlawful purchase of a firearm and flight to avoid, among other charges.

The judge said in court Monday that Folse's violent crime history in Louisiana, previous criminal weapons possession charges and the alleged attempt to fire at officers made the man a "significant danger" to the community.

Folse faces a $20,000 cash bond and $20,000 cash performance bond, meaning he would need to pay $40,000 to get out of jail. If he is released, he will be under 24/7 PED house arrest and is not to leave the state without a court order.

Copyright 2020 KTVA. All rights reserved.