A five-time convicted felon has been found guilty for having a gun while on probation for other crimes committed in Anchorage. 

A press release from the office of U.S. Attorney Bryan Schroder said a jury found 33-year-old Antoni Peralta guilty Sept. 6 in connection to a December 2016 gunfight. Peralta, who is from Anchorage, has been convicted for felony possession of a firearm and ammunition from the fight on Donna Road.

According to evidence presented at the three-day federal jury trial, on the night of Dec. 16, 2016, Peralta got into a confrontation with a man at an Anchorage bar. He then left the bar in his vehicle.

The evidence showed that upon leaving, Peralta believed the man had followed him and drove his car onto Donna Road. The U.S. Attorney's office says Peralta saw two SUVs as gunshots were heard through the residential street.

The release says Peralta reached for his Smith & Wesson .40 caliber pistol and Federal .40 caliber ammunition and shot at the two vehicles. Peralta was injured by the gunfire then crawled from his vehicle to a nearby home as the SUVs left the area.

Anchorage police arrived and investigated the shooting and went to Peralta who was still on the steps of the house, according to the release. Peralta went to a hospital for his injuries.

While officers searched Peralta's car, they found a pistol with a live round and magazine with ammunition, the U.S. Attorney's office said. 

Peralta has five other convictions including robbery, vehicle theft, felon in possession of a firearm and failure to stop at the direction of a police officer. Due to his prior felony convictions, the U.S. Attorney says Peralta was prohibited from having firearms or ammunition.

His prior offenses include a 2005 robbery conviction where Peralta was involved in a shooting at the Dimond Center Mall that left one person dead. The release says Peralta hid out in a Wasilla home for days while police tried to find him. After, Peralta fled the home with eight people in an SUV.

Authorities tried to persuade the driver to stop the SUV. When the driver stopped to open his door, Peralta pushed the driver out, got into the driver seat and lead police on a 90 mph chase for 21 miles. The U.S. Attorney's office says the officers used spike strips and Peralta drove until the tires shredded from the rims. Alaska State Troopers found Peralta in the driver's seat with six passengers, including a baby. 

Peralta's most recent federal conviction means he could get the maximum sentence of up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine.

The U.S. Attorney's office says multiple local, state and federal agencies were involved in the investigation.

Copyright 2019 KTVA. All rights reserved.