Anchorage bus schedules are changing on July 1
If you take the bus to get around Anchorage, the schedule is changing next week.
Some routes are being adjusted too.
The changes take effect Monday, July 1, according to the city's 2019-2020 People Mover Ride Guide:
A statement from Anchorage's Public Transportation Department says the routes are changing in order to improve on-time performance and transfer opportunities.
Here are some highlights:
- Route 40 which serves Spenard Road will end service at midnight instead of 2 a.m.
- Route 55 will run every 30 minutes instead of 60 and go beyond Providence Hospital to the Alaska Native Medical Center. Two new bus stops will go in at Lake Otis Parkway and Waldron Drive.
- Route 65 will begin and end at the Dimond Transit Center instead of the Spenard Road and Wisconsin Street intersection.
- Weekday trips on route 95 will increase from four to 12 a day.
- Sunday service will be extended by one hour, from 7-8 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays will have the same schedule.
You can read about all the changes on the People Mover's website. New maps and schedules are also available on the bus or at the downtown transit center.
Copyright 2019 KTVA. All rights reserved.
MORE NEWS FROM KTVA: