Military, international holiday shipping deadlines fast approaching
If you're looking to send packages to service members during the holidays, there are some important dates to know about.
The U.S. Postal Service says it expects to make 16 billion deliveries around the world between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. For guaranteed delivery by Christmas Day, here are the shipping deadlines:
· Dec. 4 – Priority Mail and First-Class Mail to Military addresses in Iraq and Afghanistan.
· Dec. 11 – Priority Mail and First-Class Mail to all other Military addresses.
· Dec. 18 – Priority Mail Express to Military Addresses (except Iraq and Afghanistan).
"We are prepared to meet our customers' mailing and shipping needs during the holiday season," Postal Service Alaska District Manager Ron Haberman said in a release from the Postal Service Tuesday.
Haberman also shared some tips for shipping to military addresses:
· Get a free Military Care Kit that includes boxes, tape, customs forms and mailing labels. Order one here or call 800-610-8734.
· Get $1.50 off when you ship a large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box to military addresses.
· Use USPS.com to print postage, labels and customs forms, and schedule a free package pick up.
For domestic and international non-military addresses, there are different shipping deadlines.
Holiday International Shipping Deadlines
· Dec. 1 – Priority Mail International to Africa, Central and South America.
· Dec. 8 – Priority Mail International to all other countries.
· Dec. 15 – Priority Mail Express International to Africa, Central and South America.
· Dec. 18 to 20 – Global Express Guaranteed depending on country.
Holiday Domestic Shipping Deadlines
· Dec. 20 – First-Class letters and packages
· Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
· Dec. 22 – Priority Mail Express
Find more resources and shipping guidelines at the Postal Service Holiday Newsroom.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: