Workforce Wednesday: Holiday hiring is heating up
With Halloween just around the corner, businesses are ramping up seasonal hiring to help with the holiday rush. CBS News reports that 700,000 positions will be filled nationwide.
Here's who's hiring in our community according to Indeed.com:
- Costco is looking to fill a variety of positions, including cashiers, stockers and food service workers. Positions are estimated to start around $10-12 an hour.
- UPS is looking for part-time package handlers and UPS storefront associates. Positions start around $10-12 an hour as well.
- Target is seeking cashiers and sales floor associates in the apparel and electronics departments. No wage estimate was listed.
- Best Buy is looking to fill positions that include sales consultants, customer service specialists, and inventory/merchandising specialists. According to Best Buy, perks include flexible hours, 401(k), and an employee discount.
- Other employers looking for workers include Fred Meyer, Home Depot, JC Penney, Michael's, and Bed Bath and Beyond.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.