Anchorage fire crews fan out to Fill the Boot
Anchorage firefighters are taking to local streets Friday afternoon for their annual Fill the Boot fundraiser, in which they gather donations from drivers.
Firefighters will be carrying boots motorists stopped in traffic can drop money into, which will benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
“For more than six decades, firefighters have stood on the front lines to fuel MDA’s mission to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harm of muscular dystrophy and other related life-threatening diseases that take away the ability to walk, move, smile, talk and even breathe,” MDA officials said in a statement.
AFD’s Twitter account urged people to remain safe during the afternoon commute, whether or not they donate.
Watch for firefighters at the following intersections, spanning from Eagle River to Girdwood, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday:
- Fireweed Lane & New Seward Highway
- Northern Lights & C Street
- Airport Heights Drive & Glenn Hwy
- Lake Otis Parkway & Tudor Road
- Spenard Road & Minnesota Drive
- Boniface Parkway & Debarr Road
- Dimond Boulevard & Jewel Lake Road
- O’Malley Road & Lake Otis Parkway
- Old Seward Highway & Dimond Boulevard
- Eagle River Road & Eagle River Loop Road
- 100th Avenue & Victor Road
- International Airport Road & Spenard Road /Jewel Lake Road
- Alyeska Hwy & Seward Hwy (Tesoro Gas Station)
Donations are also being taken online at the MDA’s website.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.