A man who ran naked onto mudflats in the Mat-Su, prompting a water rescue and search effort before he surrendered to Alaska State Troopers, is once more in custody after an hours-long standoff.

Troopers arrested 38-year-old Jeremiah Hoover Thursday night for violating his conditions of release, according to an online dispatch.

Court records show Hoover facing counts including assault and resisting arrest in the original May 16 encounter, during which troopers responded to his Knik-Goose Bay Road residence. After Hoover allegedly violated conditions of his release in a previous case by visiting a home from which his landlord was evicting him, he fled from responding troopers, disrobed and ran onto the flats.

An extensive search by troopers and Mat-Su Borough rescue authorities failed to find Hoover, who turned himself in that evening. Court records show he was released Monday on $250 bail in that case, under monitoring from the state’s Pretrial Enforcement Division.

A new case against Hoover, filed Thursday, charges him with nine counts allegedly committed Wednesday in Wasilla. The offenses range from felony burglary, criminal mischief, failure to stop at the direction of a police officer and escape under pretrial monitoring to misdemeanor assault and interference with the reporting of a domestic-violence crime. A trooper dispatch on the Knik-Goose Bay Road case said a warrant was sought for Hoover's arrest after he "forced his way in to a residence, destroyed property, and assaulted two individuals at the residence."

"AST attempted to contact Hoover while he was driving away from the residence, but he failed to yield and fled at a high rate of speed," troopers wrote. "The pursuit was terminated due to his reckless driving."

A trooper dispatch said Thursday’s encounter near Mile 13 of Knik-Goose Bay Road began at about 10 a.m., when Pretrial Enforcement officers attempted to contact Hoover at his home regarding the latest violation of his release conditions.

“Hoover refused to cooperate and ultimately barricaded himself in a cabin on the property with four juveniles,” troopers wrote. “Hoover nailed the door shut preventing anyone from entering or leaving the cabin.”

Troopers secured a warrant for Hoover and deployed Southcentral Alaska’s Special Emergency Reaction Team to the home, where SERT members took Hoover into custody just before 6 p.m.

Megan Peters, a troopers spokeswoman, didn't immediately have details on exactly how the standoff was ended Thursday.

Troopers took Hoover to the Mat-Su Pretrial Facility, where he was held on $10,000 bail.

Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.