The man accused of manslaughter in a Mat-Su boating collision which left one woman dead and two others gravely injured was severely intoxicated at the time, Alaska State Troopers said in charging documents.

Reagan Martz, 26, has also been charged with three counts of first-degree assault in the Saturday crash on Flat Lake near Big Lake. Anchorage resident Jennifer Horazdovsky, 35, died when troopers say Martz’s boat carrying seven people ran over an inflatable tube the victims were riding as it was towed by another boat.

A charging document against Martz, written by Trooper Patrick Simasko, said responders reached the island where Horazdovsky was receiving CPR by commandeering a boat on Flat Lake. She had severe cuts on her face; when troopers and an area fire chief, James Keel, tried to move her up the beach, Simasko saw that she had also suffered deep cuts to her chest.

“Keel advised there was too much trauma to effectively perform CPR and began contacting the appropriate individuals,” Simasko wrote. Horazdovsky was declared dead just before 3:40 p.m.

One of the two surviving women was on life support Sunday at Providence Alaska Medical Center’s intensive care unit, Simasko said; hospital staff reported that she was in critical condition Tuesday afternoon. Troopers said the other survivor, who suffered a broken collarbone, was taken to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center.

Andrew Horazdovsky, Jennifer’s husband, spoke with troopers sitting on a dock and holding his child. He said he had been leaving the 200-yard-wide mouth of a bay to enter the lake when he saw another boat approaching and stopped his craft. Just after Andrew cut the power to his boat, he saw Martz’s boat “flying around the corner” past a nearby island.

“When he cut the power to his boat, the tube drifted out and Reagan’s boat ran over the tube,” Simasko wrote. “Andrew stated, ‘They didn’t even stop.’”

At least two people from Martz’s boat, including one who went overboard and ended up helping Horazdovsky just before her death, confirmed to troopers that the boat had run over the tube.

Witnesses told troopers that Martz had left the scene on a jet ski, which had suffered damage earlier Saturday. Alaska Wildlife Troopers caught up with him on the east side of the lake, where he was ordered to come aboard their boat and was taken into custody.

“As Reagan got on the boat, I noted a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from his person,” Simasko said. “When he spoke his speech was slow and slurred. I noted his eyes to be red and watery.”

Martz provided neither a statement on what happened nor a breath sample at the scene, according to Simasko. After he was taken to the Palmer trooper post, he provided a breath sample which yielded a breath alcohol content of .163 – twice Alaska’s legal limit for driving.

Troopers also obtained a warrant for Mat-Su Regional staff to take a sample of Martz’s blood.

Court records show Martz was arraigned Sunday in Palmer court, where his bail was initially set at $50,000 – with his release barred until members of the state’s Pretrial Enforcement Division attached an ankle monitor to him.

At a June 20 bail hearing, Martz's bail was reduced to $10,000 cash and an unsecured $25,000 performance bond. After three victim impact statements at that hearing, court records show his bail was lowered with terms barring him from contact with the Horazdovskys and requiring that he submit to random alcohol testing.

Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.