Two vehicle theft suspects were arrested Wednesday night after they attempted to flee officers in Fairview, according to Anchorage Police. 

Around 9:15 a.m., a complainant reported a 1993 Honda Accord stolen from a residence in the 3700 block of Richmond Avenue in Mountain View. 

About 12 hours later, two APD officers assigned to the Community Action Policing team initiated a traffic stop on the occupied vehicle, which was found in the parking lot of the Black Angus Inn at 15th and Gambell. The officers attempted to block the stolen Honda in, but the suspect driver was able to drive away. 

The officers re-engaged when the Honda struck an occupied Chevy-- then a street sign--  at the intersection of 13th and Fairbanks. But the pursuit didn't stop there. The driver attempted to go another block or so but was having trouble controlling the vehicle, officers reported, and at the intersection of 12th and Fairbanks, the vehicle struck another street sign and a light pole before coming to a stop.

Both occupants, a male driver and female passenger, jumped from the vehicle in an attempt to flee, APD says. 

Driver 23-year-old Derreck Muasau ran about 30 feet but stopped when officers warned they'd deploy a taser, officers say. He was taken into custody without further incident. 

Passenger Lacey Strassburg, 23, ignored commands and taser warnings, police say, and ran into the roadway twice without looking out for traffic. As officers report being concerned for her safety, she was tased and taken into custody. 

Muasau is charged with first-degree vehicle theft, second-degree theft, fail to stop, leaving the scene of an injury accident, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident involving property, second- and third-degree assault, reckless driving and reckless endangerment. 

Strassburg was remanded on two existing warrants and was charged with fifth-degree criminal mischief and resisting arrest. 

APD says the driver of the Chevy sustained an injury to his hand. 

Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.