The Wasilla man who was found guilty of assaulting the same woman, on two separate occasions, was sentenced to 95 years for both crimes in court on Tuesday. 

Jordan King, 25, was convicted of 17 charges including attempted murder, kidnapping and rape after he went after his former coworker, Shawna Robb, for a second time while out on bail is sentenced to serve 95 years -- 106 years with 11 suspended.

He could be eligible for discretionary parole after serving as little as a quarter of the sentence and must register as a sex offender. 

In December of 2015, King attacked Robb at her home, pistol-whipping and sexually assaulting her. Robb was able to escape and Wasilla Police arrested King. 

Later that month, King applied for release on bail. Concerned for her safety, Robb voiced her objection.  

"The District Attorney's Office notified Shawna of the proposal and asked for her input or concerns. She voiced her concerns -- she was terrified," Robb's attorney, Joshua Fannon, wrote in the legal complaint. 

While Robb did not want King released on bail, she agreed that if it was going to happen, the conditions should include house arrest, with monitoring by a court-approved third-party custodian. In addition, King should be required to wear an ankle monitor with a GPS tracking device.  

"It was imperative to Shawna that King's whereabouts always be known," Fannon said. 

Fannon said the Palmer District Attorney's Office called Robb and "unequivocally confirmed" that those conditions were in the bail order. Ultimately, a judge agreed to release King from state custody. 

But when King escaped house arrest on March 11, 2016, troopers didn't find him until nearly nine hours later, and only then, because Robb had convinced him to turn himself in.

Documents found at the home where he escaped from house arrest for the first attack, in 2015, indicate some of the crimes were premeditated. King outlines a timeframe for abducting his victim and the materials needed to carry out the second attack. King also left a letter for his mother saying:

"Now my purpose is murder, to kill as many people as I possibly can."


King's custodians reported him missing at 8 p.m., but Robb was never notified. 

At 4:30 a.m. on March 12, after escaping house arrest, King showed up at Robb's home. Robb had stepped out of her house to start her pickup before leaving for her morning shift at the diner, according to the complaint.

King was outside, hiding in the shadows, waiting for her -- armed with a 12-inch butcher knife.

"When Shawna stepped outside her home, King set upon her," the complaint reads.

Robb's niece called 911 from inside Robb's home and reported that King had previously assaulted Robb. Robb's niece was "watching the kidnapping and reported everything to dispatch in real time," the lawsuit states.

By the time troopers arrived at the home, King had already driven away with Robb in the truck.

According to Fannon, King drove north on the Parks Highway to a pre-planned place outside of Houston. He parked the truck on private property.

The owner of the property reported the suspicious activity to troopers at 8 a.m., Fannon said. But, troopers didn't locate King or Robb until 4:30 p.m.

During that roughly 12-hour period, King was beaten, stabbed and repeatedly raped.

"King repeatedly warned [Robb] that once he was finished raping and brutalizing her, he was going [to] cut her clitoris off, then kill her," Fannon wrote.

At one point, King super-glued a dog collar around Robb's throat, according to Fannon.

"After more than twelve hours in captivity, Shawna convinced King to walk out of the woods with her and turn himself in. Together they walked out of the woods and contacted King's brother who escorted the two to his vehicle and the Alaska State Troopers," the complaint says.

At Tuesday’s sentencing hearing, Palmer Assistant District Attorney Brittany Dunlop said King’s decision to surrender was not a show of mercy toward his victim, but rather a way to save himself.

“She talked him into the only way he was gonna get out alive, [which] was to surrender himself with her intact. That's all on her, her tenacity. Give him zero credit for that. He was surrounded, there were helicopters overhead, dogs on the road, police in the woods, and he had lost his weapon -- that is the only reason that she's alive,” said Dunlop.

King read a short statement, referring to himself as a “confessed and convicted criminal.”

“Two years ago, I honestly believed that [the victim] would complete me, make me happy, and solve all my problems. I thought I could make her happy, too. The facts are that I did wrong, and I deserve to be punished for it -- I totally accept that. I see now how much I hurt her and I am sorry,” said King.

He also said he needs treatment for mental illness.

“This ordeal has made me realize that I must have an illness and am in need of help. People don't ask to be mentally ill, your honor, no one asks to be sick. We do our best to deal with it.”

Two statements written by Robb were also read during the hearing. In one, Robb called King a “monster.” Another, read into the record by Judge Vanessa White, said, “If [King] ever is to be released to society, there is no doubt in my mind that he won’t just hurt someone. His next victim will die.”

Now, Robb is suing the state for negligence for more than $100,000 in damages, including its failure to notify her that her attacker had escaped.

Megan Peters, a spokesperson for the Department of Public Safety, said Tuesday that the department had received notice of Robb's civil suit.

"We are not able to provide an interview or information on the pending civil action," Peters wrote in an email.

But, in previous coverage of Robb's case, a trooper told KTVA that the department had failed Robb.

"It goes without saying that this victim should have been notified, policy or not," said Lt. Chris Thompson. "It's one of those that is a failing, I would consider it on our part, that we didn't."

The Department of Law says they haven't yet received the complaint but once they do, they'll review it and respond accordingly.

Editor's note: KTVA does not generally identify victims of domestic violence, but Shawna Robb approved the use of her name in our reporting.

Liz Raines and Daniella Rivera contributed to this story. 

Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.


Docs: Anchorage rape suspect met victim at his Dave & Buster's job 

Woman sues troopers for negligence after rape, kidnapping 
Fort Wainwright soldier convicted, sentenced for rape of teen