A mother accused by Anchorage police of starving her young daughter to death has been arrested and arraigned, according to court documents.

Police spokeswoman Renee Oistad said Stephanie Hamburg, 37, was taken into custody Wednesday night at a trailer in a park on the 9500 block of Brayton Drive, after investigators "received information" that she was there.

Oistad declined to discuss what information led police to Hamburg or how long they had had word she was in Anchorage, citing a need to protect the investigation.

Hamburg was arraigned Thursday on charges of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in the death of 2-year-old Gabriella Marlow, court records showed Tuesday. Department of Corrections spokeswoman Megan Edge said Hamburg was initially held at the Anchorage Jail, then transferred Friday to Hiland Mountain Correctional Center in Eagle River.

Hamburg and her boyfriend, 41-year-old chiropractor Timothy Hulsey, have been charged in Marlow's May 10 death. Marlow was taken to a hospital after reports that she wasn’t breathing at the trailer home where she lived, also in the Brayton Drive trailer park.

Police said Marlow had been provided only milk and occasionally Dr. Pepper, and that her death was subsequently determined to be the result of malnutrition.

Shortly after the charges were announced in October, a GoFundMe page raising funds for Marlow’s funeral was taken down; a video which apparently showed Marlow eating was also briefly posted to Hamburg’s Facebook page.

Hamburg had previously been held in Bakersfield in 2001, spending less than a week in jail on a charge of willful cruelty to a child.

A Nov. 14 bail memorandum for Hulsey, written by Assistant District Attorney A. James Klugman, said Hulsey had been out shopping with Marlow when she became ill. Marlow’s condition worsened and she was hospitalized; after her death, an autopsy showed she died of “severe iron deficiency anemia with congestive heart failure.”

Hulsey had believed Marlow would receive nutrients from grass eaten by the cows that produced her milk, Klugman wrote, but recognized that milk wasn’t a source of dietary iron.

“Hulsey and Hamburg both acknowledged to detectives that [Marlow’s] diet had consisted almost entirely of milk for the entire period she had lived in Alaska, although Hulsey noted that she would occasionally eat shrimp cocktail sauce,” Klugman wrote. “Hulsey acknowledged his awareness that Hamburg's nine older children had either died or been removed from her custody by the State of California.”

Neither Hulsey nor Hamburg had taken Marlow to a doctor during her time in Alaska, instead relying on Hulsey’s chiropractic training to serve as an “evaluator” of her condition.

Klugman had argued against issuing Hulsey bail, noting his $100,000 salary, California connections and the fact that Hamburg wasn’t yet in custody.

“Hulsey's codefendant remains at large and is actively eluding the police seeking to arrest her,” Klugman wrote. “His release thus raises the potential not only to allow him to frustrate his own prosecution, but to hinder Hamburg's as well.”