KTVA Town Hall: Addicted in Alaska
Addicted in Alaska - The Opioid Epidemic
Thursday, Oct. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
As part of our Voices of Alaska series, KTVA will host a special Town Hall to discuss Alaska's opioid epidemic. The panel of guests includes representatives from state and local government, doctors and the Anchorage Police Department. The discussion will be moderated by KTVA's Joe Vigil.
Our panel includes:
- Gov. Bill Walker, (I), Alaska
- Mayor Ethan Berkowitz, Anchorage
- Lisa Sauder - Executive Director, Bean's Cafe
- Chief Justin Doll, Anchorage Police Department
- Amy Urbach, Recovering Opioid Addict
- Dr. Jay Butler, Department of Health & Social Services
- Sen. John Coghill, (R) Majority Leader
- Dr. Annie Zink, Director, Mat-Su Regional Medical Center
The panel will address the overall opioid epidemic, government and community response, treatment options and the public safety impact.
Join the conversation on Twitter by using #AddictedAlaska or #AKVoices.
Questions will be taken live from the audience at the Wilda Marston Theater, as well as from those watching on our Facebook page. The program will begin streaming online at 7:30pm. It will air on KTVA 11 TV after the scheduled football game.