One woman died and another was injured in a Sunday crash on the Glenn Highway at the Knik River bridge -- the second fatal wreck in two days on Southcentral Alaska highways starting to see winter frost.

Alaska State Troopers identified the driver killed in the single-vehicle wreck as 35-year-old Faith Igkurak of Anchorage, saying late Sunday that her next of kin have been notified.

"Initial investigation reveals [Igkurak] was driving a 2007 Ford Escape northbound on the Glenn Highway near Mile 31.5 when the vehicle entered the ditch and lost control resulting the vehicle to roll three times ejecting the driver in the process," troopers wrote in an online dispatch.

Igkurak and a woman riding in the Escape as a passenger were taken to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, troopers said, where Igkurak was pronounced dead. The passenger sustained only minor injuries.

Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters said that Igkurak hadn't been wearing a seat belt during the crash.

"Typically in cases where someone was ejected, they either weren't wearing a seat belt or weren't wearing it properly," Peters said.

Ken Barkley, the Mat-Su Borough’s deputy director of emergency services, said the crash was reported just before 11:30 a.m. A LifeMed air ambulance was called to the scene for Igkurak.

The highway was closed southbound after the crash but had reopened by about 1 p.m. Sunday, according to Peters.

Some witnesses told troopers road conditions weren't icy at the time of Sunday's wreck, Peters said. Barkley warned motorists on the Glenn to exercise caution as they drive across the river, however, due to falling winter temperatures.

“There is extreme ice on the bridges,” Barkley said Sunday. “We had six accidents there yesterday morning.”

Two people were killed Saturday morning on an icy stretch of the Seward Highway, troopers said, in a head-on crash near the Hope junction. One person in each of the two Toyota vehicles involved -- 37-year-old driver Presence Bissonette and 42-year-old passenger Kaying Lee, of Seward and Anchorage respectively -- died at the scene, while three others from Lee's vehicle were taken to an Anchorage hospital for treatment.