The position as Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories that fit the daily needs of the assignment desk, enterprising story ideas and developing contacts. Produce and gather daily content for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Shoot news video that accurately and fairly represents news events.
- Edit video and audio for broadcast, on-line, promotions and teases
- Tell stories with pictures and natural sound.
- Respond quickly to breaking news situations.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging and accurate manner
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Collaborate with producers and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
Job # - 19000454
To Apply - Visit gci.com/about/careers and search using the job number listed above or entering KTVA in the keyword box.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.