The Meteorologist will analyze and interpret meteorological data and prepare weather reports and forecasts for presentation on Denali Media television stations and websites. Produce and gather daily content for a variety of platforms including the internet and social networking sites, in addition to television.
- Oversee content producers in gathering information and generating original content for KTVA.com; Assist reporters in writing news copy for KTVA.com; copy edit news stories from reporters and producers and post to KTVA.com in a professional, compelling, creative and balanced manner, consistent with the ethics, goals and guidelines of Denali Media.
- Ensure editors maintain a vibrant, informative and conversant presence on KTVA’s social media platforms
- Participate in editorial meeting to determine digital opportunities and contribute possible story ideas.
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations; and makes recommendations for salary increases. Provides timely, accurate and thorough Performance Reviews for supervised employees and recommends and/or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to an including termination. Responsible for digital team results.
Job # - 18000495
The position as Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories that fit the daily needs of the assignment desk, enterprising story ideas and developing contacts. Produce and gather daily content for broadcast and digital platforms.
Essential Duties of the Meteorologist:
- Responsible for developing weather forecasts and accompanying computer graphics, delivering on-air weathercasts, and live weather reports from the field.
- Uses surface and upper air stations, satellites and radar, studies maps, photographs and charts to predict long and short range weather conditions, operates computer graphic equipment to produce weather reports in televised broadcasts and website presentations.
- Communicates critical weather information, especially during severe weather, to producers and other critical staff members to ensure a consistent and accurate message to viewers.
- Follows Denali Media guidelines to maintain an interactive presence on social media platforms.
- Participates in story meetings.
- Respond quickly to breaking news situations.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
Job # - 18000521
The Content Producer will produce and gather daily content for digital and broadcast platforms.
- Responsible for the production of assigned news content by writing, editing and in some cases recording the material for broadcast and platforms.
- Write and post content to station’s website and social media feeds including, but not limited to, information, links, video and polls.
- Copy edit ensuring accuracy, using proper grammar and Associated Press style on digital platforms.
- Prioritize, organize and produce rundowns for newscasts in accordance with the station’s goals and guidelines for journalistically superior news programs.
- Writing, editing copy, and conceptualizing and ordering graphics.
- Booth newscasts and special event programming. Coordinate “live” shots with directors, Operations Staff, News Desk, reporters and photographers.
- Must maintain working knowledge of current events, including local, national and international.
- Responsible for accuracy and context in all produced content.
- Edit video and audio for broadcast, on-line, promotions and teases.
Job # - 18000522
To Apply - Visit gci.com/about/careers and search using the job number listed above.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.