Anchorage Police have named the murder suspect taken into custody Tuesday and the three men he is accused of shooting at a Spenard business, saying the killings occurred in an altercation for “unknown reasons.”

Anthony Pisano, 43, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Bullion Brothers owner Steven Cook, 31, 48-year-old Kenneth Hartman and 31-year-old Daniel McCreadie. Police said in a statement that their investigation found Pisano “started a fight with the owner for unknown reasons, pulled out a gun and shot [Cook] multiple times,” then shot Hartman and McCreadie, who were residents of the building.

A witness reported seeing Cook carrying a holstered weapon, but police have not been able to locate Cook's handgun.

Officers responded to the Bullion Brothers building, at 3201 Spenard Road, at about 10 a.m. Tuesday. Police subsequently took Pisano into custody near the Dimond Boulevard overpass at Minnesota Drive after Pisano called in to APD Sgt. Dragano.

“As officers were en route to the Jewel Lake area to search for the suspect, he called APD saying he wanted to turn himself in,” police wrote. “Based on his call and the information from the tip, officers were able to locate the suspect and take him into custody.”

Police spokesman MJ Thim said Wednesday that police haven’t yet determined whether anything was taken from Bullion Brothers during the shootings. The nature of the initial altercation, as well as any links between the victim and suspects, were also still under investigation.

“We do know that one of the victims was the owner and that the suspect got into a fight with him then shot the other two men,” Thim said. “The other two victims, who lived in that building, were there as well; we’re still trying to determine the relationships and why they were there.”

According to charging documents obtained Wednesday, Pisano called Sgt. Dragano twice, stating he "got involved in something and it got really bad". Pisano also reportedly told the sergeant he worked security at the jewelry store. He continued, documents allege, to say he managed to get out of the business as shots began to ring out.

Charging documents also noted that while the store did have surveillance video, the video for the day of the shooting stopped about 40 minutes before the incident occurred.

U.S. Army Alaska spokesman John Pennell said Pisano had been assigned to the Anchorage-based 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division until July 31, when he left the Army as a sergeant first class. Pisano’s last assignment within the 4/25 had been with its headquarters section.

Court records showed Pisano's bail was initially set at $500,000 in a Tuesday arrest warrant, with a court-approved third-party custodian required for his release. He entered a not guilty plea at his arraignment Wednesday.

Daniel McCreadie's father, Richard, was also at the arraignment, and said he couldn't have asked for a better son. He went on to ask the Judge to see that Pisano is punished accordingly.

"I have no mercy for him. I want him to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," said McCreadie.

Police declined to release further details, according to the statement, but are asking anyone with surveillance video or other details about the shooting to call dispatchers at 907-786-8900. Information can also be submitted through Anchorage Crime Stoppers, at 907-561-STOP or through its website.

Patrick Moussignac contributed to this story.