Boy, 10, dies at Wasilla home in apparent CO poisoning
A young child died at a Wasilla home Sunday night, from which two other people were hospitalized, after Alaska State Troopers say they apparently suffered a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Troopers said in an online dispatch that they were called to the Klebs Road residence just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
“Investigation revealed a 10-year-old male was found deceased in the residence from suspected CO poisoning,” troopers wrote. “There were two other occupants in the residence and [emergency medical services] transported them to Mat-Su Regional Hospital for non-life-threatening injury/treatment.”
An initial investigation showed that “a propane-powered appliance,” which troopers didn’t identify, had suffered an exhaust leak at the home.
The child’s next of kin have been notified, and troopers do not suspect foul play in the boy’s death.
In February, 18-year-old Trevor Noble died at a south Anchorage home after investigators say a heating system in the home’s garage suffered a leak of carbon monoxide -- a colorless, odorless gas that can cause symptoms including nausea and disorientation, or kill in intense or prolonged exposures.