A convicted murderer has been taken into custody following a shooting that led to a standoff with police.

Anchorage Police say Darin Jones, 50, who was wanted for a probation violation following his release from prison on a second-degree murder charge; it's not yet clear what specifically the probation violation warrant was issued for.

Thursday afternoon, officers were called to the 2300 block of Waldron Drive around 1:15 on reports of a shooting. There, they found an injured male who was then transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries described to be not life threatening.

A suspect in an injury shooting, said by Anchorage police to be armed with a rifle and barricaded inside a home, closed Lake Otis Parkway near Tudor Road on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. (Heather Hintze/KTVA)

APD's SWAT team was deployed to begin negotiations with the shooting suspect, who was barricaded inside a home.

"The suspect is believed to be armed and inside a house," APD spokesperson Renee Oistad wrote during the incident. "There may be hostages inside with him, as well. Officers have a perimeter set up around the home."

A man, now identified as Jones, and a woman, who police have yet to identify, exited the home without incident and were taken into custody, bringing the near-two-hour standoff to a close. Neither were injured, Oistad said, and no other people were found to be inside the home.

Jones was remanded on his outstanding warrant, police say, and will face additional charges related to Thursday's incident, as Oistad says APD believes Jones to be responsible for the shooting earlier Thursday afternoon.

The woman is being questioned by police. Oistad says it's not yet been confirmed whether the woman was a hostage or not. The relationship between Jones and the woman is not yet known.

Part of Lake Otis Parkway was closed Thursday afternoon in the vicinity of Tudor Road due to the incident. The roadways will reopen once the scene has been processed and SWAT has finished clearing involved residences and property.

MJ Thim, the department's communications director, said nobody was evacuated from nearby homes during the incident.