Begich announces debate, forum schedule
The primary is one week away, but Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Begich has already announced plans to participate in multiple debates and forums.
Begich spokesman Max Croes says the senator will participate in 13 events leading up to the general election in November.
The campaign has also urged the organizers of the debates to invite the nominees of all parties, not just Democratic and Republican candidates.
Voters will decide the nominees for the Republican, Libertarian and Alaskan Independence parties in the Aug. 19 primary.
- Wednesday, Aug. 27, United for Liberty Debate (Anchorage)
- Tuesday, Sept. 2, Alaska Native Brotherhood Debate (Juneau)
- Sunday, September 28, Shiloh Baptist Church Forum (Anchorage)
- Wednesday, Oct. 1, Kodiak Chamber of Commerce (Kodiak)
- Monday, Oct. 13, AARP Candidate Forum (Anchorage)
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, Soldotna Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum (Anchorage)
- Thursday, Oct. 23, Resource Development Council Candidate Forum (Anchorage)
- Friday, Oct. 24, Alaska Federation of Native Candidate Forum (Anchorage)
- Sunday, Oct. 26, KTVA Channel 11 and Alaska Dispatch News Debate (Anchorage)
- Monday, Oct. 27, Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum (Anchorage)
- Tuesday, Oct. 28, Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Forum (Fairbanks)
- Wednesday, Oct. 29, KTUU Channel 2 Debate (Anchorage)
- Thursday, Oct. 30, Debate for the State – Alaska Public Media (Anchorage)