Updated at 1:45 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 9

The Anchorage Police Department (APD) has named the victim in Monday’s fatal hit-and-run collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian.

Having notified next-of-kin, APD has identified 71-year-old James William Hawke Jr. as the victim who died in the crash.

On Tuesday, police charged 20-year-old Quinton Molinar with Hawke’s death.

Police say they received a call Monday evening from a man who stated he was the driver in the hit-and-run at the intersection of the New Seward Highway and Northern Lights Boulevard. He was arrested and taken to the police department for questioning.

In charging documents against Molinar, assistant district attorney Daniel Shorey described Molinar’s actions during and after the crash, all of which Molinar admitted to in an interview with police. Molinar said he was driving with his mother to pick up pizza he ordered when he struck Hawke, believed to be in the crosswalk on the eastern side of the intersection. Molinar crashed into a bus stop sign and onto the sidewalk on the other side of the intersection, according to Shorey.

Witnesses told police they saw Molinar get out of the vehicle and pull the man out of his windshield, the affidavit said. Molinar told police he checked for a pulse and “felt a faint pulse,” but he left Hawke on the ground and drove off.

In his interview with police, Molinar said he went directly home, parked his car and covered it with a tarp, according to Shorey. Molinar then threw away the clothes he’d worn in the crash.

His mother, who was also interviewed by police, said her son ran through every red light between the scene of the crash and their home. She said she didn’t know if he had been drinking before the crash, Shorey noted.

Molinar is charged with manslaughter, failure to render aid and tampering with evidence. He was taken to the Anchorage Correctional Complex where he is being held without bail. He was arraigned Tuesday on those charges, as well as for violating parole for a 2015 case.

In that incident, charging documents show he used a stun gun to shock a man “five or six times” and stole the man’s backpack. He was initially charged with first-degree robbery, a felony, but pleaded down to a charged of second-degree theft, online court documents revealed.

This is a developing story; please check back for updates.