Public invited to speak at People Mover meetings
Anchorage municipal transit officials plan to overhaul the People Mover bus system. A series of meetings were held in November to allow the public to voice their thoughts on the proposed changes, and anyone who wasn’t able to to attend will be able to do so at additional meetings scheduled throughout December.
The proposals include cutting some routes and bus stops. The municipality has already announced additional holidays without service as part of the 2017 budget.
The Public Transit Advisory Board is hosting the meetings, and will take feedback from the public about two designs proposed for an overhaul of the municipal transit system.
The public is encouraged to attend one or more of the meetings listed below:
- Covenant House – Monday, Dec. 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Eagle River Library, Room 170 – Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- City Hall, Room 155 – Thursday, Dec. 8 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Muldoon Library – Tuesday, Dec. 13 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ocean View Elementary – Thursday, Dec. 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mountain View Library – Saturday, Dec. 17 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information on these public comment meetings, visit the Municipality of Anchorage’s website.