Hash oil explosion blows apartment off foundation
An Anchorage apartment complex was blown off of its foundation in an illegal hash oil explosion, according to Anchorage Police.
APD sent a Nixle alert early Wednesday evening reporting it happened in the 4500 block of Folker Street on Saturday around 10:30 a.m.
When officers arrived, they said they found the first-floor windows and door blown out from the corner of the apartment. There were no signs of a fire, but there were glass and debris scattered around the area, police said.
No one was hurt, but police say they took a tenant to the hospital, who admitted to making butane hash oil when it exploded.
So far, no charges have been made and the investigation is on-going.
APD reminds the public, event though Alaska laws have changed regarding marijuana, hash oil labs are illegal and a dangerous operation.