5 arrested, charged in theft investigation
Anchorage police say they've arrested and charged five people following a theft investigation.
Tuesday evening, police responded to a home located on the 4000-block of Garfield Street, near Spenard Road, in reference to an ongoing theft investigation, APD said.
Officers removed a total of 12 people from the home who were all taken to the Anchorage Police Department for questioning which ended in five arrests.
"Some of the detainees exited the house when told to do so by officers," police said in a statement Wednesday morning. Others were taken into custody after officers obtained a search warrant and entered the home."
The five people who were arrested are:
- Cody R. Ladig, 39, was arrested for a probation violation.
- Robert M. Brockway III, 35, was arrested and charged with resisting, violation of conditions of release, and false information. Police say Brockway was found hiding under stairs inside the home. When officers asked for his name, he initially gave a false name.
- Chaela D. O., Hilts, 23, was arrested and charged with false Information and resisting. She also had two existing warrants. She was found hiding in the basement. Prior to remand, Hilts was taken to a hospital for medical clearance regarding an existing unrelated injury. She also gave police a fake name when they were trying to identify her.
- Oliver C. Martin, 26, was arrested and jailed on two existing warrants.
- Lyric R. West, 21, was arrested and charged with resisting and false information. She also had three existing warrants. West did not exit the home when ordered to do so; she was taken into custody after officers obtained the search warrant and went inside. West also gave officers a name that was not hers.
Police also recovered two stolen vehicles from the property.
APD spokeswoman Renee Oistad said there were no evacuations in the area or reports of a public safety threat.
Police say there are more charges expected in the future.
No other details were immediately available.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.