Travel Tuesday: 2018 Alaska Summer Showcase
Spring is in the air, which means it's time to jump start those summer vacation plans. The Alaska Summer Showcase is returning, bringing travel companies from across Alaska and beyond under one roof, with exclusive travel deals and thousands of dollars in travel prizes. Travel guru Scott McMurren joined Daybreak to break down the event.
"We bring 25, 30 of the top travel companies in Alaska to the Alaska Native Heritage Center, so people can get good ideas, those show only specials," said Scott. "I have specials on Alaska Airlines, on the Alaska Railroad, and on the Alaska Tour Saver Book."
But it's not all just about the vendors.
"We have great music, Todd Grave and Cold Country, then prizes."
There are thousands of dollars worth of prizes, but Scott let us in on some of his favorites.
"The grand prize is the Condor flight: Anchorage, Frankfurt, non stop. Russ and K2 will give flight seeing trips," Scott said. "Got some great tickets on the Alaska railroad, a great adventure to Kennicott Glacier Lodge, go see the 26 Glaciers Cruise."
He also mentioned a unique whale watching experience out of Seward, "This is an orca quest, special trip just to see the killer whales.
Here's a list of some of the vendors and the prizes they will be offering:
- Condor Airlines: Trip for two from Anchorage to Frankfurt, Germany
- Alaska Airlines: Trip for two anywhere they fly
- Yakutia Airlines: Trip for two to Kamchatka on their weekly nonstop flight
- Ravn Alaska: Trip for two anywhere on their system
- Rust's Flying Service: Flightseeing tour for two
- Penair: Trip for two anywhere they fly in Alaska
- Mighty Alaska Railroad: Trip for two from Anchorage to Seward
- Kennicott Glacier Lodge: 3-day/2-night stay for two plus flightseeing
- Phillips Cruises: Sunset sail for two in college fjord
- Major Marine Tours: A special scenic cruise in Seward plus overnight accommodations
The 2018 Alaska Summer Showcase is Saturday, March 31 from 12-5 p.m. at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. You can learn more at the Alaska Summer Showcase website.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.