The Wasilla Fred Meyer has reopened after being evacuated Sunday afternoon due to a possible electrical fire in the men's bathroom over the weekend.

Mat-Su Fire Deputy Director Ken Barkley says the fire happened at the business located on 1501 East Parks Highway. Barkley said a caller reported the fire around 1:10 p.m.; fire crews arrived within three minutes of the call.

Employees attempted to put out the fire with extinguishers, however, they were unsuccessful, according to Barkley.

Because of the size of the store, three units from Central Mat-Su, Palmer and the Lakes area responded.

No injuries were reported.

Fred Meyer's Director of Corporate Affairs, Jeffery Temple, says the store will reopen pending a health inspection.

Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: