Pets rescued from E. Anchorage house fire
Anchorage Firefighters rescued several pets from a house fire in east Anchorage Monday evening.
Cleo Hill, the fire marshal for the Anchorage Fire Department, says 11 units responded to the home in the 1500 block of Demeure Place after receiving word of the blaze around 7:52.
Hill says there was one occupant inside the single-story home when the fire started but they were able to escape unscathed.
Firefighters did, however, rescue several pets from the home, Hill says.
The blaze was deemed to be under control within minutes of the crews' response.
The Red Cross responded to assist the affected resident.
There's not yet word on the cause of the fire.
Copyright 2018 KTVA. All rights reserved.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: