One person died Friday evening after a fire at a residence in Muldoon.

The Anchorage Fire Department responded to a residential fire in the 2200 block of Muldoon Road around 4 p.m. Friday. 

The home is on Vincent Street inside of the Glen Caren mobile home community. 

Authorities have not yet said what started the blaze-- only that the fire is believed to have started in the front of the home. It's not clear yet if there were working smoke detectors inside of the residence. 

The victim has not yet been identified. 

"It was reported that someone was trapped in the structure when we got on scene," said AFD spokesperson Jodie Hettrick. "The structure had involved the front half of the trailer house. We do have confirmation that there is a fatality. We are not going to release any details at this time."

Motorists have been asked to avoid the area. 

The Red Cross is on the scene to assist the displaced residents. 

Copyright 2017 KTVA. All rights reserved.