The Multi Skilled Digital Journalist will produce, gather (shoot and edit) and copy edit daily content for a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and occassionally broadcast.
Essential Duties the Multi Skilled Digital Journalist:
- Copy edit ensuring accuracy, using proper grammar and Associated Press style
- Shoot news video that accurately and fairly represents news events.
- Edit video and audio for broadcast, on-line, promotions and teases
- Tell stories with pictures and natural sound.
- Edit with non-linear edit system in a timely manner and not miss deadline.
- Respond quickly to breaking news situations.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to produce digital content
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
Job # - 18000095
News Production Assistant - KTVA
The News Production Assistant assists producers and digital editors with broadcast and digital assignments.
Essential Duties of the News Production Assistant:
- Assist producers in writing scripts for newscasts.
- Assist digital editors in writing stories and editing video for digital platforms
- Operation of various broadcast equipment including, but not limited to, teleprompter, graphics software, and computers.
- Navigate internet (web) and post video and stories to station website and social media accounts.
- Communicate with producers and assignment desk during newscasts and adjust to changes accordingly.
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
Job # - 18000082
The primary focus of the Digital Account Executive is to grow Denali Media (KTVA.com) digital media products and services and other associated advertising tools to help our clients capture maximum market share.
Essential Duties of the Digital Account Executive:
- Sales calls including prospecting and customer schedules.
- Encourage customer growth through regular prospecting, selling digital advertising to current and new customers, and disciplined follow-up activities.
- Preparation and customer prospecting.
- Work with daily deadlines and performance metrics.
- Follow all guidelines, rules, and regulations as outlined in the company policies and procedures manual and the sales department policies and procedures manual.
- Responsible for product knowledge for all digital products offered by Denali Media Holdings, LLC as well as for developing and maintaining product knowledge in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- In addition to digital products, incumbent is also responsible for general knowledge of all Denali Media products; broadcast, cable TV, live and post-production.
Job # - 18000099
The Remote Events Operator will support the field and/or broadcast operations groups for special events and on-air support. Responsible for managing gear for off-site events and/or troubleshooting equipment malfunctions within the master control operations group depending on the role assigned. Responsibilities include:
Field Operations Essential Duties:
- Work with a crew during broadcasts of special events, involving on-air support of multi-camera remote/out of studio productions.
- Typically supports in the capacity of grip, cable assistant or production assistant.
- Provide pre-production and post-production support as needed.
- Load gear for the off-site events ensuring safe loading into vehicles.
- Ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Broadcast Operations Duties:
- Serve as a Master Control Operator, responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of the on-air product.
- Ensure signal transmission meets government regulations which include both technical ones (such as those against audio over-modulation and dead air), as well as content ones (such as indecency and station identification).
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, and prepare programming for future playback.
Job # - 17000355
The Remote Events Host Producer will serve as a producer and/or on-air Host of live and recorded remote events. Essential Duties of a Remote Events Host Producer:
- Generate presentation ideas and content and produce special event coverage.
- Provide play-by-play and/or color commentary for live and live-to-tape sports events; serve as a host for select remote broadcasts.
*This is an on-call position
Job # - 17000381
To Apply - Visit gci.com/about/careers and search using the job number listed above.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.