The Meteorologist will analyze and interpret meteorological data and prepare weather reports and forecasts for presentation on KTVA broadcast and digital platforms. Act as weather anchor for the newscasts.
- Responsible for developing weather forecasts and accompanying computer graphics, delivering on-air weathercasts, and live weather reports from the field.
- Use surface and upper air weather data, satellites and radar, studies maps, photographs and charts to predict long and short range weather conditions, operates computer graphic equipment to produce weather reports in televised broadcasts, radio and website presentations.
- Communicate critical weather information, especially during severe weather, to producers and other critical staff members to ensure a consistent and accurate message to viewers.
- Follow Denali Media guidelines to maintain an interactive presence on social media platforms.
- Participate in story meetings
- Respond quickly to breaking news situations.
Job # - 18000495
The Marketing Director will lead the development and execution of news and station promotion brand building strategies (on-air, on line, social, mobile and experiential) to grow ratings and build revenue. Inspire creative excellence and deliver consumer and advertiser campaigns for maximum reach and impact.
This is a leadership role which directs the work of several team members including managers and/or senior managers within a specialized area (i.e., engineering, information technology, business operations); has profit and loss responsibility for the department and is accountable; works with directors, senior directors and/or vice presidents of given department in developing departmental short and long-range objectives, plans, budget and policies. Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- Create the strategic marketing plan for all touch points for Denali Media Holdings properties (KTVA-Anchorage, CBS Southeast, NBC Southeast, KTVA.com, associated group web properties and future television broadcast properties) and lead the way into the future pushing the boundaries of a station’s audience, revenue and brand potential by playing a key role in the integrated marketing planning and budgeting process for all products including linear, social media, digital and new business.
- Develop annual and quarterly strategic marketing plans, prioritize key marketing messages, identify ways to improve on available research metrics and translate programming concepts into integrated multi-platform marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the leadership team to conceptualize and execute the creation of compelling branded news, entertainment and commercial campaigns and when necessary execute all visual elements personally. Based on sound strategy, campaigns must clearly and creatively reach stated goals and reinforce the value of the stations brand. Concepts must work in all media including TV, social, digital and mobile.
- Act as a collaborative architect for all touch points between the station property and its audiences. Living as the “chief brand officer”, evangelizing the brand and championing all brand related matters inside the organization.
- Develop and implement audience development strategies by applying available research insights to relevant marketing activations, including creating (where appropriate) content partnerships.
- Work with local research team members, contracted advertising agency resources and/or other vendors to garner audience insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations, makes recommendations for salary increases. Provide timely annual performance reviews to all direct reports, and ensure that all employees within the department receive annual performance reviews on time. Responsible for team results and recommends and /or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination. Maintains union free workforce through effective communication and regular feedback to employees regarding their performance against expectations, and use of effective performance recognition of groups involved.
Job # - 18000412
To Apply - Visit gci.com/about/careers and search using the job number listed above.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.