Anchorage ranks high for young professionals
If you're a young professional looking for a high paying job with good opportunity, you don't have to go too far because according to financial website SmartAsset.com, Anchorage is one of the top cities for young professionals in the U.S.
According to SmartAsset, Anchorage rounds out the top 10 cities for young professionals. Thanks to the abundant natural resources in the area, there are a variety of jobs in Anchorage that pay full-time workers an average of $52,000 per year. However, the unemployment rate among young professionals is 5.66%.
The best cities for young professionals is Sioux Falls, South Dakota, followed by Minneapolis and Seattle.
To get these results, the website looked at:
- Percent of residents aged between 25-34
- Unemployment rate for young adults
- Labor force participation rate for young adults
- Median rent
- Number of fun establishments
- Job diversity
- Median earnings for full-time workers and rent as a percent of income
- Entertainment establishment density
- 5-year income change
To see the full list, visit the SmartAsset website.