Last updated at 9:21 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 29


The Anchorage Fire Department and ENSTAR responded to a report of a natural gas smell at Abbott Loop Elementary School Monday morning.


Crews were notified of the smell at 8:40 a.m., according to AFD.


First day classes were temporarily put on hold and students were kept out of the building until the situation was resolved. Shortly after 9 a.m., students and staff were given the “all clear” to head back into the building.


Multiple fire crews and Anchorage police units responded to the scene. AFD left the scene at about 9:20 a.m.


This is a developing story; please check back for updates. 


The post Classes delayed at Abbott Loop Elementary following report of natural gas odor appeared first on KTVA 11.