No time to cook? These Anchorage restaurants will offer Thanksgiving meals to-go.
While most Anchorage restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving, some say they plan to serve full Thanksgiving meals to-go.
Simon and Seafort’s in downtown Anchorage is offering a full Thanksgiving meal to-go that just needs to be heated. The meal includes a 24- to 28-pound turkey, plus the usual sides: stuffing, potatoes, rolls, yams and dessert. Customers can also choose to dine at the restaurant.
Suite 100 Restaurant, Bar and Lounge started the holiday early and sold takeout Thanksgiving meals on Wednesday. While the dining area is closed on Thursday, the restaurant will have to-go meals available from 4 p.m. until midnight, no cooking required.
Other restaurants will also be serving food, but are encouraging customers to stay and eat:
- Denny’s – “If something crazy happens, like, say, a meteor crashing into your oven on Thanksgiving morning, we’ll be open. Just in case.” Open 24/7.
- Peggy’s Restaurant – Open 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Humpy’s Bar and Grill — Open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse — A three-course meal is available for $39 a person from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Leroy’s Family Restaurant – Open 24/7.
- Kriner’s Diner – The restaurant is hosting its fourth annual Free Thanksgiving Day Meal from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All tips and donations will go to The Children’s Lunchbox.
- Sea Galley Restaurant– Open 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Reservations are encouraged: 907-563-3520.
- Golden Corral – Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sicily’s Pizza — Open 24/7 for takeout and delivery. The chain offers 20 percent off online orders.
- Village Inn — Open 24/7.
- Cattle Company Steakhouse — Open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
If eating away from home doesn’t suit you, the following grocery stores are open on Thanksgiving for last-minute shopping:
- Fred Meyer – 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wal-Mart – 6 a.m. to midnight
- Carrs – Open 24/7
Did we miss a restaurant? Send an email to email@example.com to let us know.
The post No time to cook? These Anchorage restaurants will offer Thanksgiving meals to-go. appeared first on KTVA 11.