The man accused of stabbing another man in an East Anchorage trailer Friday afternoon was arraigned Sunday in Anchorage.

Kevin Campbell, 41, was taken into custody Saturday after the Anchorage Police Department couldn’t locate him at the scene Friday. Police say “a tip from an observant citizen” led to his arrest.

Court documents show that on Friday, Campbell — a registered sex offender — was not supposed to be in the trailer on Boniface Parkway, where the mother of his children lives, according to charging documents. Campbell was not supposed to have any contact with the woman, police say. Court documents indicate the woman told police that Campbell moved out of the trailer at the end of January.

Just after 3 p.m. Friday, the woman ran to her neighbor’s trailer to report that her boyfriend had been stabbed by Campbell, charging documents say. The APD officer who responded to the call found a bloody “broken bottle neck” near the trailer door and the victim inside “holding a shirt against the left side of his neck.”

The victim told APD that he’d gotten into a fight with the suspect when he tried to push Campbell out of the house, charging documents say.

“[The victim] indicated he did not like Campbell because he has hit [the woman] in the past and he did not like the way he was talking to her today,” court documents say.

The victim also told police that Campbell “had the bottle in his band” and indicated that Campbell stabbed him with it. The woman at the scene also told APD that she saw Campbell hitting the victim “with something that was made out of glass.”

The victim suffered a “large cut” on his neck, approximately 2 inches in length and less than an inch deep, charging documents say.

Just before 10:30 a.m. Saturday, police found Campbell at the McDonald’s located near the intersection of Northern Lights Boulevard and Muldoon Road. When officers searched Campbell, court documents show they found “a small glass jar of white powder” in his sweatshirt. The substance tested positive for cocaine, documents say.

Campbell was transported to the Anchorage Jail and has been formally charged with first-degree assault and with violating conditions of release for failing to register as a sex offender.