July 24 fishing report
Friday, July 25th 2014, 12:58 am AKDT
- Driftwood Bay and Day Harbor have been a silver salmon hotspot recently. Also try Pony Cove.
- Halibut fishing is good east toward Montague Island.
- Lingcod fishing outside of Resurrection Bay is good.
- Halibut fishing success has been fair to good.
- Anglers are reporting increased catches of coho salmon near Point Adams.
- Anglers are also reporting good catches of pink salmon.
- The next series of clamming tides run July 26-30.
- Silvers are showing up!
- Anglers have been having good success closer to Whittier trolling and casting for pinks and silvers.
- Halibut is good throughout most of the Sound and close to Whittier.
- Good numbers of halibut near Main Bay, Eshamy and Perry Island.
- Pinks and chums are showing in numbers along Parks Highway and streams north to Talkeetna.
- Silver fishing is picking up at the Little Susitna and the Eklutna Tailrace.
- Trout fishing on the Parks Highway is good.
Some closures to be mindful of:
- Starting Saturday, the Kenai River will close to king salmon fishing.
- Sportfishing for kings will be closed in salt waters of the Cook Inlet north of Bluff Point Saturday through next Thursday.
- In Kasilof, king fishing will be restricted to catch-and-release from Saturday until next Thursday.