Multiple shots fired at a downtown party led to an arrest and the recovery of a stolen gun, police say.

An Anchorage police sergeant patrolling downtown just before 4 a.m. heard multiple shots fired nearby. Around the same, time, a number of 911 calls reported hearing the same thing, one call in particular claiming the shots had been fired at an after-party on the 300 block of East Ship Creek Avenue, a statement from police said.

When officers arrived at the scene, they found more than 20 shell casings outside, but no one reported any injuries, according to the statement. Police noted that multiple vehicles have been damaged by bullets.

“It was reported to police that dozens of people were at the building for an after-party following a DJ’s performance at a downtown night club,” the statement explained. “Police were told the building had been rented out. During the after-party, there was an altercation between multiple males that resulted in a shooting outside.”

At some point, an officer spotted a man with a gun running from the scene, according to police. The man dropped the gun on First Avenue and was arrested. Police said they recovered the gun, which Mountain View Sports reported as stolen before the shooting.

The suspect who had the gun was identified as 23-year-old Dashawn Anthony Street. Police charged him with second-degree theft, resisting or interfering with arrest and third-degree misconduct involving a weapon.

“Please note that this male was charged for being a felon in possession of a stolen firearm and not the actual shooting that had occurred,” police noted in their statement. “Police are still working on identifying the shooters in this event.”

Street’s initial bail was set at $4,000 with a requirement for a third party custodian, police reported.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call police at 907-786-8900. An anonymous tip can be sent via Anchorage Crime Stoppers online or by calling 907-561-STOP.

KTVA 11’s Eric Ruble contributed to this report.