A feast fit for a King
RUBY – As the first musher to arrive at the Yukon checkpoint of Ruby, four-time champion Jeff King claimed the race’s most savory award.
The Millennium Alaska Hotel First Musher to the Yukon Award is a five-course meal and $3,500 cash prize. The menu — detailed in a written statement from Iditarod race officials — includes everything from local seafood to steak.
- Alaskan sablefish & blue mussel stew
- Red king crab cajun bruschetta
- Baby arugula & smoked spotted shrimp salad
- Peppercorn-crusted filet mignon & fried oysters in cabernet sauce
- Roasted pear creme brûlée tart with roasted pears