EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2017
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information Provided Directly By You: We collect information that you may have directly provided to us. While you are not required to provide information about yourself when visiting our website or using our mobile app, we may ask you for different types of information if you wish to register for certain specific services, access specific content or use certain features. Information requested and provided by you in using or interacting with our services may include:
- Your contact information (such as name, email address, or phone number);
- Certain social media information, when you choose to interact or connect with our services via a social networking account;
- Information or comments posted by you regarding our content and other interactive online features;
- Location information (when you choose to provide it);
- Responses provided by you to surveys or polls; and
- Correspondence you may send to us.
Information Collected Automatically on Our Website: Our website may also automatically collect certain types of information, including:
- Information about equipment and other technical information related to your use of our website (g., information regarding your internet connection, your browser type, and your operating system);
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet);
- Standard server log information.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop better content and services for you as described below.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We gather information that about you for many different reasons, including
- To help us deliver, improve, and develop content and services that you have requested or that we hope will be of interest to you;
- To enable you to interact on our website through surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, and user comments;
- To customize the content you see when you visit our website or use our services (g., to provide local weather data if you have provided your location information);
- To provide you with special offers and promotional materials on our behalf and, with your consent, on behalf of third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- To enforce our legal rights, protect us, and protect our website users, website visitors, and mobile app users against fraud, abuse, and unlawful acts;
- For other purposes we disclose to you when you provide your personal information (such as when you participate in surveys and promotions); and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Here are some of the specific ways in which we manage and use the information collected about you:
Personally-Identifiable Information: We may share personally-identifiable information with our affiliates, contractors, service providers, business partners, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide you with specialized services such as customer support, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. Such third parties are only allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
Subject to the above, without your consent we will not sell, trade, or disclose to unaffiliated third parties any personally-identifiable information (e.g., your name, email address, or other non-public information) obtained through the use of our services that would specifically identify a user except to the extent required by law.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose information about you without your consent:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including requests by the government or regulators;
- If necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Broadcast Affiliates, our users/visitors, or others.
In the event of a merger, sale, transfer, restructuring, or any other reorganization of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your personally-identifiable information may be transferred to a buyer or other successor.
Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions: When we run a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions with prizes provided by an advertiser or sponsor, upon entering such a contest you may be asked to allow the advertiser or sponsor to contact you in order to provide information about their products or services or to provide you with special promotional opportunities. Your information may also be disclosed to the third party as part of the administration of the promotion, including such activities as winner selection and prize fulfillment, as well as meeting other requirements under applicable law.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative measures in place to mitigate the chance of unauthorized access to or improper use of your information and will continue to enhance security procedures as appropriate.
Because no security tool can provide absolute protection, however, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be subject to inadvertent disclosure through illegal or unauthorized acts by third parties. In the unlikely event of inadvertent disclosure, we will notify you as required by law.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
For international users, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law where privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to or as comprehensive as laws in your country of residence. By using and participating on our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website is intended for a general audience and does not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. Please note the following guidelines:
- You must be at least 18 years old in order to submit any user-generated content on or through our website or participate in any online contests.
- Visitors between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before sending any personally-identifying information.
- If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address, or e-mail address. Where we obtain actual knowledge that information has been collected from children under the age of 13, we will delete such information as soon as possible and otherwise comply with applicable laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.