EFFECTIVE DATE: December 2, 2013
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information Provided Directly to KTVA’s Website: KTVA.com collects information that you have directly provided to our website. While you are not required to provide information about yourself when visiting KTVA’s website, we may ask you for different types of information if you wish to register for certain specific services, access specific content, or use certain features. Information requested and provided by you may include:
- Contact information (such as your name and email address);
- User name and password;
- User preferences (such as which newsletters or news alerts you would like to receive);
- Information or comments posted by you regarding our content and other interactive online features;
- Location information (when you choose to provide it); and
- Correspondence you may send to us.
Information Collected Automatically on KTVA.com: Our website may also automatically collect certain types of information, including:
- Equipment and technical information related to your use of our website (e.g., information regarding your internet connection, such as your browser type and operating system);
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet);
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content (such as the type of content listened to and viewed; and
- Standard server log information.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop better content and services for you through our website.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We gather information that about you for many different reasons, including:
- To help us deliver and develop content and services that you have requested or that we hope will be of interest to you;
- To enable you to interact on our website through surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, and user comments;
- To customize the content you see when you visit KTVA.com (e.g., to provide local weather data if you have provided your location information);
- To provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of KTVA.com and, with your consent, third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- To enforce our legal rights, protect KTVA.com, and protect our website users and visitors against fraud, abuse, and unlawful acts;
- To fulfill any specific purpose disclosed by us when you provide your personal information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Under certain circumstances, KTVA.com may also be required to disclose information about you without your consent:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including requests by the government or regulators;
- If necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of KTVA, our users, or others.
Here are some of the specific ways in which KTVA.com manages the information it has collected about you:
Personally-Identifiable Information: KTVA.com will not sell, trade, or disclose to unaffiliated third parties any personally-identifiable information (e.g., your name and email address) provided during registration for or through use of a KTVA.com service without your consent (except as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to you or others).
KTVA.com may share personally-identifiable information with our affiliates, contractors, service providers, business partners, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide you with specialized services such as customer support, email and text messaging, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. Such third parties are only allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, sale, transfer, restructuring or any other reorganization of some or all of KTVA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your personally-identifiable information may be transferred to a buyer or other successor.
Contest, Sweepstakes, and Promotions: When KTVA.com runs a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions with prizes provided by an advertiser or sponsor, upon entering such a contest you may be asked to allow the advertiser or sponsor to contact you in order to provide information about their products or services or to provide you with special promotional opportunities. Your information may also be disclosed to the third party as part of the administration of the promotion, including such activities as winner selection and prize fulfillment, as well as meeting other requirements under applicable law.
YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL
KTVA.com is committed to protecting your privacy and offers the following choices to help you manage the use of your personally-identifiable information.
Please remember you can always choose to enjoy content and features on KTVA.com without directly providing us with any information about you. However, as described above, if you decide to make use of certain specific services and features available at our website, some information will be requested or automatically collected as part of your user registration process.
You can also opt out of receiving marketing email or text messages from us or from a service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to marketing messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of our website, such as service announcements.
ACCESS TO YOUR KTVA.COM INFORMATION
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may update that information on your own at KTVA.com. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us directly. If you ask us to delete your account and/or account information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time subject to information we may be required to retain to meet our obligations under applicable law.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your information; however, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although KTVA.com cannot warranty the absolute security of information transmitted to us, we have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
For international users, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law where privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to or as comprehensive as laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
KTVA.com is intended for a general audience and does not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. Please note the following guidelines:
- You must be at least 18 years old in order to submit any user-generated content on or through the KTVA.com or participate in any online contests.
- Visitors between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before registering for news alerts or other features of KTVA.com services or otherwise sending any personally-identifying information.
- If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or e-mail address. Where KTVA.com obtains actual knowledge that information has been collected from children under the age of 13, it will delete such information as soon as possible and otherwise comply with applicable laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.