A mom says her son was killed by something she had never heard of before, a drug so powerful, it’s seven times more potent than.
“I thought I did everything right and when this happened I asked myself, ‘What I did wrong?'” Mary Elliott, who lost her son Jeremy earlier this year, told CBS affiliate KHOU.
There’s no cure for this mother’s pain, but there’s a message she hopes will save someone else.
“My son just tried something and it took a hold of him,” she said. “I just wanted to collapse when he told me if Jeremy ever woke up, he wasn’t going to be the same.”
Her 21-year-old son, Jeremy Taylor Elliott, overdosed on April 9th. He spent four days in a coma before he died.
However, it wasn’t until she got his death certificate that she sawand something she had never heard of listed as U-47700.
“What is this? Is this bath salts?” she said she wondered.
“(The drug) is anywhere between 7 to 8 times more potent than morphine is,” said Jean Cleary, PharmD., the director at the Southeast Texas Poison Center.
At thecenter, they know at least three people died from the same drug last year. It’s .
Read more at CBSNews.com.