This week, Carlos and Tony hit Ship Creek to see if the kings have arrived. They found new public-access improvements at this unique location and talked to the ultimate local fishing expert at this downtown hotspot for big salmon. When is the best time to go hook one of these giants? What kind of lures or bait works best? And what’s the latest fishing report for Southcentral? Carlos and Tony find out in this segment of Get Out: Fishing Report.
- Anchorage: Ship Creek king fishing still slow — fish the tides. Local lakes are stocked.
- Homer: Halibut fishing is good. King salmon fishing has been fair. Kings are showing up in the Nick Dudiak Lagoon.
- Kenai Peninsula: Kasilof River is fair to king salmon. Deep Creek and Anchor Marine fisheries are good for halibut and fair for kings.
- Mat-Su: Lake fishing has been good. Deshka River is still slow to fair. Parks and highway streams are fishing well for trout.
- Seward: Fishing for halibut has been good. Red salmon are starting to show in the north of Resurrection Bay.
- Whittier: Halibut and rockfishing has been very good near the Montague Straits.