Monday, May 20, 2013
Top 10 Travel Deals Out of Alaska
Looking for cheap fare to Chicago? How about Los Angeles or Germany? Your search stops here!
This is the time of year when everyone is thinking about getting away and luckily the airlines are cooperating by listing some great summer travel deals.
Alaska TravelGram’s Scott McMurren has put together a list of the top best travel deals out of Alaska and into your favorite destinations.
10. Anchorage-Minneapolis. Both Delta and Sun Country are offering nonstop flights. Fly in July for $482 roundtrip, all in. After Aug. 10, 2011, the price drops to $456 roundtrip, all in.
9. Anchorage-Chicago. Delta has the least expensive fare to the Windy City starting Aug. 10 for just $435 roundtrip, all in.
8. Anchorage-Washington, D.C. Both Delta and Alaska Airlines have good fares, starting Aug. 10. Delta has more seats and more options. Prices starting at $475 roundtrip, all in.
7. Anchorage-Phoenix. US Airways offers nonstop service between Anchorage and Phoenix. Starting Aug. 10 for $495 roundtrip, all in.
6. Anchorage-San Francisco/Sacramento. A double feature! Both San Francisco and Sacramento are on sale from Anchorage with Alaska Airlines for $415 roundtrip, all in.
5. Anchorage-Denver. Scott McMurren is lovin’ him some Frontier Airlines right now. Fly in July for $353 roundtrip, all in. There are more available seats than Alaska Airlines, which comes in a little higher at $365. If you’re coming out of Fairbanks, it’s just $295 roundtrip, all in on Frontier to make it to Denver.
4. Anchorage-LAX. Just $294 roundtrip, all in on Alaska Airlines.
3. Anchorage-Long Beach. Just $294 roundtrip, all in on jetBlue Airways.
2. Anchorage-New Orleans. Fly Delta between Aug. 7 and Oct. 10 for $379 roundtrip, all in.
A tie for number one:
1. Fairbanks-Seattle. Fly between July 11 and Aug 11 for $435 roundtrip, all in. Nonstop.
1. Fairbanks-Frankfurt. Fly Condor German Airlines nonstop to Frankfurt from Fairbanks on June 30, returning July 14, 2011. Cost? Just $721 roundtrip, all in.