Healthy Living: Your Experts
Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
4951 Business Park Boulevard
Anchorage Alaska 99503
Anchorage Alaska 99503
Hours of Operation
- Medical Clinc
- Monday and Wednesday8am to 8pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday8am to 5pm
- Dental Offices
- Monday - Friday8am to 4:30pm
Medical and Dental Care
Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center is your new home for complete medical and dental care. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Denali Kid Care, commercial insurance, and offer ANHC's sliding scale fee discount based on income for patients.
Our Medical team is staffed by caring and skilled providers and support members dedicated to providing the finest care to our patients. ANHC physicians also provide in-patient care on rotation at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
ANHC employs health care providers in the following specialty areas:
- Health care for the entire family
- Behavioral health services
- Care for pregnant women (including pregnancy classes)
- Pediatric services
- Women's health
- Hospital care
- Xray and lab services
- Pharmacy (including a variety of discount programs)
- Screening and care for diabetes
- Care for people with HIV/AIDS
- Education programs
- Flu shots and immunizations
ANHC's pharmacy accepts Medicaid, Medicare part D, and commercial insurance. It also provides prescriptions at a nominal cost to patients without insurance through a number of prescription assistance programs. The Pharmacy only fills prescriptions written by ANHC medical and dental providers for ANHC patients.
ANHC offers women's health service to improve the health of women and their children. Our Perinatal program provides support for women throughout their pregnancy experience. Our pregnancy support includes obtaining eligibility for programs like Denali Kid Care, group pregnancy classes, post-partum depression screening, well child checkups, and support and referrals.
Other services include:
- STD walking screening
- HPV screening and immunization
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does ANHC accept insured patients?
- ANHC gladly accepts patients with insurance and is a preferred provider with many different carriers and plans. You can help the health center provide care to those without insurance by merely making us your provider. Insured patients help support the care of two uninsured patients. And, it doesn't cost you any more for your care
- What makes ANHC different from other practices?
- ANHC is the only practice in Anchorage that can discount the fees that it charges it patients based on income. It is also required to serve anyone who needs care, regardless of their ability to pay. It is owned by the community and governed by a volunteer board of directors comprised of patients and community volunteers.
- Is it easy to become an ANHC patient?
- ANHC is accepting new patients for both its medical and dental practices. We can usually accommodate new patients within a couple of days. Our staff will help you transfer your records from your previous practice and work to help you qualify for our patient discounts. Call 257-4600 to get the process started today.
- How do your discounted fees work?
- ANHC is able to offer a sliding scale discount based on income and household size to any patient whether they are uninsured, or insured. More information about this program is available on our website or at the health center. A completed application and proof of income is required. Once approved, the discount is available for a year before it must be renewed.
- Is it easy to schedule an appointment?
- Same day and scheduled appointments are available. And, we will help you coordinate all the care that you need and give you a call when important check-ups and tests are necessary to maintain your health.