The Alaska Aces have a dance partner for the second round.
It took a while, but the Idaho Steelheads finally emerged from an epic, four-overtime thriller against Colorado in Boise Monday night, advancing to the Western Conference semifinals of the 2014 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The Aces were 6-3-3 against the Steelheads this season, and the series sets up to be a beauty. Seven of the team’s eight contests were decided by one goal. It also features some very hot goaltenders. Gerald Coleman and Olivier Roy each posted two wins, leading the Aces to a first-round sweep of Las Vegas. And no goaltender in the ECHL is playing any better right now than Idaho’s Josh Robinson. He stopped an astounding 83 of 85 shots in Monday’s series, clinching a 3-2 win against the Eagles.
The Aces and Idaho square off beginning Thursday night at Sullivan Arena. The puck drops at 7:15 p.m. Game 2 is Friday before the series shifts to Boise.
- Game 1 – vs. Idaho: Thursday, May 1 (Sullivan Arena) – 7:15 p.m.
- Game 2 – vs. Idaho: Friday, May 2 (Sullivan Arena) – 7:15 p.m.
- Game 3 – at Idaho: Monday, May 5 (CenturyLink Arena) – 5:10 p.m.
- Game 4 – at Idaho: Wednesday, May 7 (CenturyLink Arena) – 5:10 p.m.
- Game 5 – at Idaho: Thursday, May 8 (CenturyLink Arena) – 5:10 p.m. *
- Game 6 – vs. Idaho: Saturday, May 10 (Sullivan Arena) – 7:15 p.m. *
- Game 7 – vs. Idaho: Sunday, May 11 (Sullivan Arena) – 7:15 p.m. *
* If necessary